Written by Anthony Demangone
I've written a ton about meetings in this space.
But for all of the complaints, most credit unions run very good meetings.
Those would be board meetings.
What makes those work?
- An agenda.
- Materials are distributed beforehand.
- There are rules - Robert's Rules of Order.
- Someone is in charge - the Chair.
- People generally come to the meeting prepared to discuss the topics.
So, here are two questions.
- Do your non-board meetings measure up to your board meetings?
- If not, can you take what works at your board meetings, and apply it across all your business get-togethers?
Have a great weekend, everyone. I'm off to the beautiful town of Carlisle, Pennsylvania for a wedding. If you have half as much fun as I plan on having this weekend, you're in for a good one.